Vice-President of the Anti-Missile Air Defence Committee, Major General L. Kohlhaus visits Massy
On the 24th January 2020, we had to pleasure of welcoming at Massy the Vice-President of the Anti-Missile Air Defence Committee in charge of elaborating the recommendations linked to the deployment of the ACCS system within different NATO sites.
During this visit, several subjects were addressed and a site visit was also offered to the Major General L. Kohlhaus in order to allow him to discover our development spaces and the teams in charge of the systems.
Among the key topics discussed during this visit:
- The safety of flights assured by the ACCS system
- The sustainability of the ACCS system within NATO
- Adaptation of the system to limited operational environments according to the stakes of state sovereignty
- The digital transformation
- The co-existence of the ACCS with national air operation command and control systems
- Adaptation of the ACCS systems faced with new threats and 5th generation fighters
All subjects raised allowed us to show Thales’ and TRS’ capacity to respond to the challenges of the ACCS LOC1 program but also to demonstrate the advancement of the ADDENDUM 3 program which holds a position as the future ACCS.
On top of this, discussions were held to propose areas for reflection on the architecture of AirC2 (Command & Control) systems within NATO to deal with both new threats and possible transition phases in the operational management of the system.
Thanks to this visit, we were able to showcase the expertise of the teams; acknowledge their efforts and their involvement and to position TRS and Thales as major actors in NATO’s AirC2 (Air Command and Control) strategy.
Well done to all the team who have shown great professionalism in presentations and demonstrations!