Facing the wide diversity of ever evolving threats requires nations to transition air defense systems toward Integrated Air and Missile Defense solutions. Today’s conventional threats are evolving from very low up to very high altitude, such as UAVs, cruise missiles, rockets and mortars, as well as ballistic missiles.
In recent years, the worldwide proliferation of missile technology and manufactured assets, implied the acquisition of dedicated sensors and surface to air missile systems to complement existing assets, thus responding to threat diversity with a multi layer defense system.
Modern armed forces are seeking enhanced command and control capabilities to improve global effectiveness and readiness of their system, leveraging the wide range of sensors and effectors with no disruption of day-to-day operations.
ACCS provides NATO with such an integrated defense system ensuring optimum protection for all potential threatened areas.
Given its unique features, ACCS changes the face of air operations in Europe, providing NATO with a comprehensive approach that spans planning, tasking, monitoring and mission execution.
A Theatre Missile Defense (TMD) layer already complements ACCS, serving to defend the civilian populations of NATO member countries against the threat of short range ballistic missiles.
Nevertheless, as NATO continues to face constantly evolving threats, ThalesRaytheonSystems is well positioned to help NATO transition to territorial ballistic missile defense (Territorial BMD). This will provide NATO members with a more comprehensive form of protection that goes beyond theaters of operations.
Key Features - ACCS
- A new fully air-cooled modular Transmittero First integrated air and missile defense technology
- Deployed in 1600 workstations
- Covers 10 million square kilometers in Europe
- Developed in tandem with 40 US and European subcontractors
- Real-time organization-wide contributions to operations
- Designed to address constantly evolving threats
- Improves overall command and control capabilities
- No interruption to daily operations